Self-guided audio tour: Fourvière, the holy hill
The origins of Lyon: Lugdunum
With this self-guided audio-tour designed by Laura, a professional guide who is passionate about her work, discover Fourvière, where Lugdunum was founded, the Roman town that would become Lyon. Explore the district with your smartphone, which will begin stories and give directions automatically, at the right place and the right time. Leaving from Place de Fourvière, at the foot of Fourvière Basilica, follow your guide’s voice on your smartphone, which will tell stories automatically when you reach the spot where they happened.
The tour offers a chance to admire the striking Fourvière Basilica, which watches over the city. Visit the impressive Roman remains, such as the Grand Theatre, where the famous music, drama and dance festival Les Nuits de Fourvière is held every summer. Journey back through time and the history of Lyon, on this charming tour that includes incredible sites and stunning views of the city.
- A fully charged smartphone, the Rewind app, earbuds or headphones, and an Internet connection are required to enjoy this tour.
- The Rewind app is available for Apple iOS or Google Android.
- You can begin this tour when you please, from 10 am to 5:30 pm.
- Please go to the rendezvous point to activate the commentary and begin your self-guided audio-tour.
- Want to take a break? No problem, you can pick up your tour where you left off, whenever you wish.
- When your purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with the activation code for the tour and instructions to follow to download the app.
- Tour not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- Non-cancellable and non-refundable tour.
The essential tourist and cultural pass to make the most of your stay in Lyon!
& practical information
Self-guided audio tour
Exit of the funicular "Fourvière", Place de Fourvière - Lyon 5th
Funiculaire > Fourviere