Self-guided audio tour: Lyonnais gastronomy
Lyon, Capital of Gastronomy
With this self-guided audio-tour designed by Laura, a professional guide who is passionate about her work, discover the history of gastronomy in Lyon, including its art of living, traditions and delicacies! Explore the district with your smartphone, which will begin stories and give directions automatically, at the right place and the right time. Setting off from Rue Royale, where the famous Restaurant de la Mère Brazier was born, follow your guide’s voice on your smartphone, which will tell stories automatically when you reach the spot where they happened.
Along the tour, you will learn about the history of Lyon’s famous Mères Lyonnaises (female cooks), who have influenced the region’s most renowned chefs, and discover Lyon, the city with the most restaurants per capita in France (with 4000 restaurants). Visit a 'bouchon', an authentic local eatery, where you can sample Lyon’s delicious specialities for lunch.
- A fully charged smartphone, the Rewind app, earbuds or headphones, and an Internet connection are required to enjoy this tour.
- The Rewind app is available for Apple iOS or Google Android.
- You can begin this tour when you please, from 10 am to 5:30 pm.
- Please go to the rendezvous point to activate the commentary and begin your self-guided audio-tour.
- Want to take a break? No problem, you can pick up your tour where you left off, whenever you wish.
- When your purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with the activation code for the tour and instructions to follow to download the app.
- Tour not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- Non-cancellable and non-refundable tour.
The essential tourist and cultural pass to make the most of your stay in Lyon!
& practical information
Self-guided audio tour
12 rue Royale - Lyon 1st
Metro A or C > Hôtel de Ville, Louis Pradel
by martin h.
The tour itself is a good idea, and the points of interest chosen certainly relevant. However, I did not find the experience very satisfying:
- some information was not related to gastronomy (e.g. the one about the "beton" guy)
- there could very well have been more gastronomic information
- navigation was sometimes not clear, we got lost a lot
- the navigation on the app is not very good, e.g. the map does not respect the compass, so it was not clear in which direction we were facing