Self-guided audio tour: The Etats-Unis district and its murals
In the footsteps of Tony Garnier
With this self-guided audio-tour designed by Laura, a professional guide who is passionate about her work, discover the unique Etats-Unis district and its murals. Explore the district with your smartphone, which will begin stories and give directions automatically, at the right place and the right time.
Far from the city’s usual tourist hotspots, follow your guide’s voice on your smartphone, which will tell stories automatically when you reach the spot where they happened.
Along the way, you will learn about the major housing project imagined by architect Tony Garnier as a solution to working class poverty in the twentieth century. As you explore this open-air museum you can admire the many murals that illustrate Tony Garnier’s project. You will also learn about the ideal city in six countries, through six magnificent murals.
- A fully charged smartphone, the Rewind app, earbuds or headphones, and an Internet connection are required to enjoy this tour.
- The Rewind app is available for Apple iOS or Google Android.
- You can begin this tour when you please, from 10 am to 5:30 pm.
- Please go to the rendezvous point to activate the commentary and begin your self-guided audio-tour.
- Want to take a break? No problem, you can pick up your tour where you left off, whenever you wish.
- When your purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with the activation code for the tour and instructions to follow to download the app.
- Tour not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- Non-cancellable and non-refundable tour.
The essential tourist and cultural pass to make the most of your stay in Lyon!
& practical information
Self-guided audio tour
70 Boulevard des Etats-Unis, Lyon 8th
Tram T3 > Tony Garnier