Self-guided audio tour: The old town
In the heart of the old town
Visit the Old Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage site, with this self-guided audio-tour designed by Laura, a professional guide who is passionate about her work. Explore the district with your smartphone, which will begin stories and give directions automatically, at the right place and the right time. Leaving from the square in front of Saint-Jean Cathedral, follow your guide’s voice on your smartphone, which will tell stories automatically when you reach the spot where they happened.
Visit the iconic Saint-Jean Cathedral, which is almost 1000 years old. Paved streets, magnificent Renaissance façades, traboules (hidden passageways) and beautiful inner courtyards give this district its unique character. You can continue your journey with a visit to the Musée Cinéma et Miniature and its amazing film set displays, including the actual Alien queen from the film Alien vs. Predator! (Museum admission fee required). You will also discover the hidden stories behind the Lyonnais dialect, with words and expressions such as ‘canuts’ and ‘riche comme Gadagne’, as well as Lyon’s famous puppet Guignol. Finally, the tour ends with ‘la ficelle des morts’, the name given to the funicular that took the bodies of the deceased up to the top of Fourvière hill.
- A fully charged smartphone, the Rewind app, earbuds or headphones, and an Internet connection are required to enjoy this tour.
- The Rewind app is available for Apple iOS or Google Android.
- You can begin this tour when you please, from 10 am to 5:30 pm.
- Please go to the rendezvous point to activate the commentary and begin your self-guided audio-tour.
- Want to take a break? No problem, you can pick up your tour where you left off, whenever you wish.
- When your purchase is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with the activation code for the tour and instructions to follow to download the app.
- Tour not recommended for people with reduced mobility.
- Non-cancellable and non-refundable tour.
The essential tourist and cultural pass to make the most of your stay in Lyon!
& practical information
Self-guided audio tour
Place Saint-Jean - Lyon 5th
Metro D > Vieux-Lyon
We liked it very much. Interesting stories and easy to use.
Great audio guide
Highly recommend the self guided audio guide. We wouldn’t have seen a lot of hidden places without the guide.